Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sold.

 Sold!

My parents house sold today.
They build this house in 1988 and raised all six of us here.
Between selling my in-laws house {see this post} and my parents house, at the same time, and all the holidays, it has been a very stressful few weeks for me and for our families.
Now hopefully I can relax enough to sleep at night.
It was such a family friendly house that was close to the church and all three schools.
The family that bought the house is from Manhattan and have three young kids they want to raise in Park City.  The sad thing is they might tear the house down and rebuild :(
{I spy someone on the roof}
This was the picture they sent in their Christmas card ... I love it.

4 comments:

  1. Sad, but good times. Painting the basement of 2010, never forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not want to remember painting the basement ... or the master bathroom - that was worse!

      Delete
  2. Camille,

    I know you probably don't know who I am, but I'm an old Park City friend of your Mom. I married at the end of 1988 and moved to PC. We went to the same ward and I loved your Mom. She was so good to me as a young married in a new place. You had just moved into your home around Thanksgiving and I thought it was the most beautiful house I had ever seen. I loved all the thought that went into building it. I remember her showing me the little cupboard in the girl's bathroom where you and Tiffany would one day put your feminine products. I thought that was so insightful and was going to remember that for my future children. (Note: I had two boys, so it wasn't applicable, but I still remember it!) I even "babysat" you guys once in a while. I remember when Dallin was born and I went to Salt Lake with your mom one day to go shopping when he was still a tiny baby. I thought she was such a brave woman. She taught me to crochet around baby blankets and I've done many of them for friends over the years. She also taught me to crochet the blanket with the squares. I have wonderful memories of your family. So sad to see your childhood house sold. Happy New Year to you and your family. :)

    Kim Hacking

    ReplyDelete